Salesforce Developer Summary
The Salesforce Developer uses technical expertise to design, develop tests, and deploy Salesforce functionality. This individual refines code and constantly refactors and improves the Salesforce experience for Workiva customers and co- workers. The Salesforce Developer is encouraged to experiment and innovate to ensure that all of the best processes are in place.
- Troubleshoots and resolves issues based on existing technology in a timely fashion
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform
- Communicates effectively in both verbal (day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written forms (user stories) with team members and customers
- Works directly with Technical Lead and key business users to understand business processes, advise on how Salesforce can best meet business requirements, and advise on best practice for implementing the solution
- Designs and develops custom applications and solutions leveraging the Salesforce platform
- Ensures timely delivery of technical solutions while following development best practices to ensure long-term viability and scalability of customizations
- Manages technical scopes and client expectations
- Designs and develops integrations between Salesforce.com and 3rd party applications
- Coaches and mentors other technical resources; own responsibility for ongoing technical development of technical resources on Salesforce projects
What You'll Need
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated with strong propensity for action, results and continuous improvement
- The ability to work successfully in a high-energy, fast paced, rapidly changing environment is necessary
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple processes, programs, and procedures simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- 3+ years Salesforce development experience
- Demonstrated experience building custom Apex triggers, Visualforce, and Lightning Components.
- Strong knowledge of declarative automation tools (Process Builder, Flow) and best practices.
- Implementation and maintenance of Salesforce CPQ is a plus
- Experience working in Agile development teams using SCRUM
- Experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle, exposure to database development, and design pattern skills