Wonolo (Work Now Locally) is disrupting the $140BN temporary staffing industry. Founded in 2014, Wonolo's mission is to help people find consistent work. Through our two-sided tech marketplace, we connect hundreds of businesses in need of front-line workers with over 1 million underemployed workers in local markets across the United States, within minutes. Wonolo empowers the in-demand workforce by democratizing access to flexible work, opportunities to learn new skills, a living wage, and comprehensive portable benefits and perks.
We are looking for a Salesforce Admin to join our Revenue Strategy and Operations team. This is a unique opportunity to build something from an early stage. Reporting to the Manager of Business Systems and Tools, you will work cross-functionally to support Wonolo’s growing business architecture. Most of our teams work on or impact Salesforce including Product, Sales, Account Management, Support, and Marketing. You will be instrumental in creating new features and organization on our platform.
Our Revenue Strategy and Operations team (RS&O) owns analytics, programs, and systems for our Marketplace business, and ensures alignment across our Supply, Demand, and Ops organizations. This team plays a mission-critical role in supporting all customer-facing teams in charge of acquisition and growth and driving the largest possible impact. You will have a hand in building the system foundation for our revenue and operations teams with innovation, integration, and automation as the primary objectives.
What you'll do:
- Administer standard Sales and Service cloud, and many custom SFDC objects
- Provide support for new processes needed by many business stakeholders
- Work cross-functionally to gather, analyze, prioritize, and refine Salesforce business requirements
- Create business analysis documentation including user stories, usage scenarios, process flows, data dictionaries, design documents, and project schedules
- Assist leaders by creating and maintaining objects, fields, fieldsets, record types, page layouts, permission sets, approval processes, user roles, profiles, groups, sharing rules, workflows, and validation rules
- Help create reporting and dashboards to answer stakeholder questions as well as clean and maintain the SFDC database
- Maintain a consistent work ethic while working through diverse requests and an ever-changing startup environment
Who you are:
- 2-4 years of experience delivering enterprise software solutions using Salesforce
- Solid understanding and knowledge of SFDC configuration
- Salesforce Admin Basic certified
- Experience using both Sales and Service cloud as well as Workflows and Process Builder
- Action-oriented. Experience with loading and managing sprint deliverables
- Desire to work independently in a fast-paced high-growth team environment
- An excellent communicator. Strong presentation, technical writing, analytical, and communication skills
- You demonstrate a commitment towards advancing representation and inclusion
If you have read up to this point, we hope you are excited about this opportunity to work at Wonolo! Even if your experience does not check every bullet point, we still highly encourage you to apply. The best hires do not always check off every box of a job description.
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with product, engineering, or other technical teams
- Service Cloud Consultant certified
- Experience with Flow, Apex, HTML, SOQL
Benefits and perks:
- Meaningful equity and company bonus
- We pay 100% of the medical/dental/vision insurance premiums for you and 80% for your dependents
- 401(k) plan and parental leave plan
- Cell phone reimbursement, company laptop
- Life and disability insurance
- Open vacation policy, flexible schedule, and the option to work from anywhere in the United States and Canada (no more commutes!)
- Team outings, happy hours, company off-sites, and more!