The Support Systems engineering team builds and maintains the internal support applications that lets Stripe users talk to Stripe teams thousands of times a day.
Businesses that run on Stripe, from fledgling start ups to household names, place significant trust in Stripe to accelerate their success. This makes our user-facing teams, and the software layer that connects them with users, mission-critical: users need fast, accurate, contextualized answers to their questions, 24/7, over phone, chat, and email.
The Support Systems team builds and delivers tooling and services to enable Stripe’s user operations team to provide high-quality customer support interactions and scale with Stripe’s growth. We’re accountable for the quality and reliability of these systems and we use data and firsthand user research to continuously improve it. We’re a small, distributed team of capable, friendly, user-oriented engineers and we partner closely with Stripe’s world-class design, product, infrastructure, and operational teams.
- Troubleshoot reported incidents by effectively prioritizing, triaging, and communicating status
- Monitor system health and performance including pro-actively identifying and improving system processes
- Create and maintain documentation such as runbooks and process docs to help operationalize administrator activities
- Work closely with support teams and operations to understand and refine requirements, objectives, and processes to drive strategic solutions
- Build for scale by designing holistically, with a focus on flexibility and maintainability
We’re looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of Salesforce administration experience, either in the Salesforce Service or Sales Cloud
- Experience with data migration, integration techniques, and tools
- Manage time effectively with product support, small tactical requests, and large projects
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate effectively with management, support, IT, vendors, and international teams
- Proven ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment, resolve problems and offer impacting solutions
Nice to haves:
- Have experience administrating support ticketing systems
- Salesforce Basic and Advanced Certifications (Advanced Administrator certification, Advanced Developer or Platform II certification)
- Seek out feedback from your users and empathetically advocate for them throughout the product development process
- Take pride in shepherding projects from ideation to completion, where completion often involves partnering with operational teams to carefully roll out changes that affect their workflows
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different functions, stakeholders, and subject matter experts