There is only one Data Cloud. Snowflake’s founders started from scratch and designed a data platform built for the cloud that is effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. But it didn’t stop there. They engineered Snowflake to power the Data Cloud, where thousands of organizations unlock the value of their data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. This is our vision: a world with endless insights to tackle the challenges and opportunities of today and reveal the possibilities of tomorrow.
Snowflake’s IT organization is seeking a Salesforce admin who has worked on Salesforce Service Cloud / Communities to join our growing team. The Salesforce Administrator will develop and maintain the Salesforce and Salesforce.com platform to ensure continued delivery of innovative, high-quality solutions to meet business needs for those departments currently using Salesforce.com, as well as building the necessary interface and tools to integrate new departments into Salesforce.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data.
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake verifying that you: (i) may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data; or (ii) are eligible to obtain, in a timely manner, any necessary license or other authorization(s) from the U.S. Government to allow access to U.S. export-controlled technology, technical data, or sensitive government data.
- Configure and customize solutions in Salesforce.
- Provide day-to-day administration and end-user support of Salesforce applications including but not limited to managing multiple user setups, profiles, and roles, customization of objects, fields, record types, page layouts, formulas, validations, data backups, design solutions/configurations.
- Create and manage declarative automations and data validation to support business processes.
- Aid in creating and streamlining processes.
- Follow best practices to produce clean, efficient and maintainable platform configurations.
- Assist with production support issues.
- Research changes in upcoming versions of Salesforce.com and other integrated applications; provide recommendations when necessary to enhance efficiency and productivity.
- Work closely with the Internal Audit team to document evidence for SOX compliance.
- Work with members of the IT team to conduct a quarterly user access review, and to update access if any corrections need to be made.
- 4-5 years of Salesforce.com admin experience.
- 5+ years of overall salesforce experience
- Background evaluating 3rd party solutions and AppExchange products based on projects.
- Salesforce Administrator Certification.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning.
- Experience with declarative automation tools - Flow Builder, Process Builder, etc.
- Strong understanding of salesforce.com best practices and functionality.
- Experience with deployment and release management.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise in working with cross functional teams. Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects to on-time delivery.
- Ability to reasonably estimate the time for tasks and then meet deadlines set by those estimates; ability to quickly and effectively prioritize multiple requests.
- Proficient in data manipulation (Excel or Google Sheets).
- Background with data migration tools like Apex Data Loader.
- Expertise with data management, transformation, cleansing, and de-duplication.
- An entrepreneurial, fast-changing environment that requires strategic thinking, resourcefulness, results-oriented and dedication to excellence.
- Proficient in understanding and writing SOQL queries as well as tools like Workbench, Salesforce Inspector, or Dev Console.
- Strong understanding of Salesforce’s Profile and Permission Set Group data model