Smartsheet is looking for a Salesforce Application Development Manager to support our growing technical Salesforce team. You will lead and build a team of developers and other technical roles with the goal of delivering scalable solutions with the Salesforce platform.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes.
You will report to our Sr. Director, Field Systems.
- Build a team of Salesforce technical roles.
- Have the desire to mentor a team as a coach and a leader but also spend a sizable portion of your time doing Salesforce development.
- Work directly with developers, architects, and Salesforce admins to design and build solutions that solve the needs of our our customers in a scalable way.
- Be comfortable with a non-sprint Kanban style of agile development methodology.
- Instill and implement Salesforce development best practices with regard to system architecture and scalability.
- Stay up to date with the latest Salesforce technologies and plan for how these can be used to solve business problems.
- Work closely with other technical team leaders within the organization to plan, build, and maintain complex cross-platform integrations.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the development team such as one-on-ones, collaboration with the Salesforce Admin team, and prioritization and scoping of work items.
- Communicate with senior management on the status of projects, timelines, challenges to implementation, and deployments in a non-technical manner.
- Build a team culture of positivity, inclusiveness, and collaboration.
- Manage vendor relationships for tools and software used by the development team.
- Bachelor's degree or related and relevant experience.
- Comfortable managing local and remote employees.
- 5+ years of experience leading or managing a team of developers.
- 5+ years of experience in Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning development, configuration, testing, and deployment.
- Experiences working with Salesforce Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, and FinancialForce PSA.
- Experience hiring and building a development team.
- In-depth knowledge of Apex best practices and large scale Salesforce architectures.
- Experience building and maintaining integrations between multiple enterprise systems.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and agile company with the ability to manage changing requirements.
Perks & Benefits
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account