At Shopify, our business operations run in the cloud and we have a diverse landscape of scalable SaaS-based applications, complemented by custom developed applications. As Shopify continues to grow, we need to scale our operations quickly. Building and constantly evolving the integration of our business systems is an essential part of scaling our business, generating leverage, and getting more efficient at operating the business.
As a Salesforce Developer on our Technology Acceleration team, you’ll be providing expertise in object-oriented design patterns for CRM development, with a working understanding of Agile methodology and the software development lifecycle. You’ll be focused on Shopify’s Salesforce.com implementation, bug fixes, and maintenance of our sales and marketing solutions.
- A creative problem solver. You can craft a solution using both custom development and purchased applications
- A team oriented disposition. You can easily build relationships and collaborate cross-functionally across the business
- An analytical mindset. You can quickly understand and analyze various approaches and processes instantly. You have the ability to drill down to the details, obtaining the right level of specificity
- A solid communication style. You are concise, on point, and effective. You can communicate technical details clearly to any level of audience
- An ability to thrive on change. You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where change is constant. You are able to adapt and navigate any situation you dive into
- Experience with software development tools such as Git, IDEs, and metadata API
- Deep Salesforce Expertise. You can build Lightning components, develop on the Salesforce platform (Apex classes, triggers), have experience with asynchronous coding in Apex (batchable, schedulable, future), and can build custom as well as standard controllers in Visualforce. Plus, you have the SFDC certifications to prove it (DEV401, Platform Developer 1)
It’d Be Great If You Have Experience With
- Designing and developing Lightning Web Components
- Developing in Ruby and Python
- Plus, you have the SFDC certifications to prove it (DEV401, Platform Developer 1)
- Other Enterprise SaaS applications/platforms: Workday, Zendesk, iPaaS products, Twilio, Mulesoft, etc.
- Provide input into designs and develop solutions on the Salesforce.com platform in Apex, to increase productivity and enhance customer experience
- Identify complex problems in building out the Salesforce platform, and create solutions to resolve them
- Develop Visualforce Pages and Lightning Web Components
- Develop integrations with 3rd party applications and other tools
- Provide day-to-day Salesforce platform support to internal users of the platform
- Be part of our on-call schedule for Salesforce support (we use PagerDuty)
- Write technical approach and design documentation to support our business needs
- Ensure that all necessary changes on the Salesforce platform are documented, reviewed, tested, and approved before being deployed
- Keep your knowledge current on new Salesforce features and functionality, and integrate this into what you build