Placer.ai is a fast-growing big data startup led by seasoned executives and repeat entrepreneurs who are building the world's first "Google Analytics for the physical world". Placer.ai’s platform provides instant visibility into any property in the U.S., presenting accurate details about visitation patterns and demographic breakdowns of visitors. Placer.ai’s customers can see where visitors have been before, where they go afterwards, where they typically go for sports, entertainment, groceries, etc., and what their interests are. Placer.ai's A.I.-based SaaS platform replaces archaic solutions such as manual surveys, installed cameras and other people-counting systems, creating a blue ocean market of more than $100B.
Placer.ai has grown 3x year-over-year for the past 3 years, counting more than 500 paying customers across a range of industries, including 2 of the world’s top-10 retailers, 2 of the top-10 CPG firms worldwide, a world’s top hospitality firm, 2 of the world’s top-10 commercial real estate (CRE) firms and 2 of the world’s top multinational asset managers and hedge funds. Placer.ai has just raised $50M in Series B funding.
Placer.ai is seeking an experienced, tech-savvy person with great business sense to act as a Senior Sales Operations Manager. The ideal person loves identifying gaps in the sales/CS flow, designing requirements, and working with stakeholders to launch and resolve processes to optimize the work of the business-facing teams. The role includes a super-dynamic environment and requires someone who loves a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks handled at the same time with different teams/departments. The new hire will become part of the Sales Operations team as a senior sales operations manager, alongside a fellow sales operations manager. Placer.ai is an entirely remote workforce, which requires the person to be able to work efficiently, regardless of the remote environment, while being super-responsive to coworkers’ communications.
- Identify gaps in business flow and cause resolution (from preparing requirement documents, to feedback collection from stakeholders, to testing and rollout to users).
- Work closely with the Sales and Customer Success leaders to ensure they can easily and efficiently track and monitor their teams to meet their goals.
- Support leadership with territory and quota allocation.
- Own cross-functional business and operational work streams in partnership with key stakeholders across Finance, Product, Marketing, Sales and Customer Success leadership.
- Identify key performance metrics which are not tracked and are required to increase success rate of the business facing teams, create reports and dashboards to derive insights into the health of the business, identify areas of weakness and present improvement recommendations to sales/CS leadership.
- Establish quality assurance processes and oversight to increase data integrity in Salesforce.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses across multiple data sets and tools (examples of analyses include customer segmentation, sales participation, etc.).
- Critically review reports and system functionalities based on data analysis and a deep understanding of the existing processes (integrations, business process, automations, validation rules). Identify and suggest improvements accordingly.
- Assist in troubleshooting of operational issues related to the business-facing teams as they surface; propose changes to systems and processes to fix root causes.
- Play a key role in communication and discussions with Account Executives and Customer Success Managers to collect feedback about the processes and tools under Sales Operations responsibility.
- Seek ways to increase the quality and accuracy of forecasts submitted by Account Executives.
- Participate in developing decks/training material under Sales Operations responsibility.
- Strong business mindset.
- Strong Salesforce product knowledge.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written documents and decks).
- Proven project management capabilities across multiple teams.
- Ability to push forward teams/partners to achieve Sales Operations targets.
- Excellent execution skills.
- Keen eye for details and an aim to solve problems.
- Accurate and detail-oriented individual who can own entire processes.
- Ability to multi-task and move from one topic to another.
- A highly proactive attitude to platform enhancements.
- Advantage - Experience with tools such as Salesloft, Zoominfo, Cloudingo, Leandata, Conga, Gainsight, Gong.
- 5+ years of experience working in a Sales Operations role.
- Substantial experience launching and scaling sales operations processes, tools and systems.
- Experience at a SaaS company - Preferred.
- Working in a startup environment - Advantage.
- Salesforce certification - Advantage.
- Experience managing people - Advantage.