The Sr. Architect, Salesforce role on the Enterprise Architecture and Integration team is a pivotal role which helps lead Phillips66’s technical and strategic direction. With ongoing programs and the drive to mature the Phillips66 digital footprint, there are abundant opportunities to lead changes.
This role will be one of several architects that will help research, define and implement tools, strategies and innovations in support of the digital transformation and long-term operational efficiencies. The primarily focus area is a full stack web development in the major cloud and commerce providers.
You will have the opportunity to consult with numerous business and IT groups and projects on the design and implementation of key IT solutions. You will also have responsibility for oversight and guidance for the integrated design and collaborating with others to facilitate common approaches and optimized architectural synergies and standardization across projects. You will use your technical aptitude and architecture experience to analyze problems, design elegant and scalable solutions, and move projects from concept to implementation. You will bring an interest in automation, design, and architecture, and use your experience working with Salesforce, Cloud, and SAP system integrations to transform the Phillips 66 customer experience. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, a breadth of experience, and sound analytical thinking are essential for success in this position. A strong sense of ownership and a drive to improve existing systems and processes is also needed.The ideal candidate has a passion for learning new things, ability to explain complex technologies in a simple manner to leadership audience, strong intellectual integrity and excellent communication skills.
Responsibilities May Include
- Partner with product owners, business analysts, and software engineers to translate business requirements into solution designs that best achieve the target capabilities and use the SF & Azure platforms effectively in a progressive manner aligned with Agile and DevOps principles.
- Engage in code and technical design reviews of solution implementations to ensure code quality and standard methodologies are maintained.
- Own the data architecture and security among different applications and components by creating and maintaining all related artifacts (UML, Sequence Diagrams, application architecture etc.).
- Excellent communication skills with ability to manage and resolve conflicts and articulate to product owners the value of recommended solutions and approach.
- Demonstrate progressive leadership in the full life cycle of the software development environment.
- Ensure continuous application architecture improvement as cloud services evolve to fully leverage new capabilities as they are made available.
- Collaborate with product owner to communicate an understanding of the technical debt that is being carried and identify prudent areas to improve.
- Problem solver: Provide guidance and mentoring for technical design and architecture decisions within the team and related teams.
- Design, develop, and articulate solutions based on a customer's strategic business and technical requirements.
- Apply best practices and design patterns to build applications on the Salesforce Lightning platform including custom objects, workflows, triggers, the Force.com IDE, migration tools, SOQL and web services/Rest APIs.
- Strong understanding of SFDC Platform events (Inbound and outbound) and integration cloud including connectors.
- Integrate Salesforce.com with other systems, including SaaS applications from other vendors, REST APIs, event-driven systems, or data warehouses.
- Lead the technical planning and design for large-scale projects.
- Provide technical mentorship and feedback to other team members.
- Committed to continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in a well-organized, concise manner focusing on required key elements to all audience levels.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Strong analytical, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Legally authorized to work in job posting country
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent program/technical credentials
- 7 or more years of experience
- Thought Leader in Salesforce arena with a demonstrable track record
- Demonstrated success working within an Agile product organization partnering with product owners
- Demonstrated success in Microservices based design on cloud-native infrastructure and API modelling
- Prior Architectural experience drawing from a strong development experience, grounded in DevOps principles
- Experience in the design and implementation of real-time and batch integration with Salesforce and other systems using REST and Bulk APIs through integration platforms (MuleSoft)
- Experience with data and schema management (structured DBs, SQL and RDBMS technologies, and SOA design principles) and keeping design artifacts curated
- Build out Customer 360 strategy including designing of API’s and their signatures for consuming from salesforce that abstract other source systems
- Thorough understanding on the Salesforce development (Declarative, Apex Coding, VisualForce) with knowledge of Best Practices understanding on Coding Standards, Deployment, Apex, VF, Salesforce Integration, Security implementations
- Experience utilizing Community Cloud to design and build multi-channel customer portals
- Strong Knowledge of Commerce cloud and data structures
- Ability to mentor team members, help debug their code and review their work
- Experience in providing program oversight and solutions architecture for Salesforce and cloud native applications preferably in a SaaS-rich environment with experience working in the lead to-cash process
- Experience in Salesforce with end-to-end implementation in the following areas: solution architecture experience on implementation projects using Agile and Iterative approach, how Salesforce architectural concepts influences design, knowledge of the limitations of the platform (e.g. API and governor limits), as well as strong knowledge of architecture concepts (integration styles, architecture styles, patterns)
- Strong understanding of Data and API led integration
- Experience with B2B customer commerce portals and commerce cloud
- Experience with contact center technologies like AWS Connect
- Experience with Mulesoft and Any point Exchange