The SalesForce Administrator reports to the IT department and works closely with Optimizely's business areas in a collaborative position to help drive the automation of business processes within the CRM application. The Salesforce Administrator will have strong experience working on the Salesforce Lightning Platform.
This individual will be responsible for managing the user base, engaging with stakeholders on optimization and looking after complex software integration; which the company uses as part of its software operation. This individual will help address complex challenges through the application of thought leadership and technical domain expertise. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of the Salesforce platform
- Customizing Salesforce.com fields, page layouts, reports and dashboards
- Maintain and create workflow rules, validation rules, formula fields
- Manage user profiles, role and permission sets
- Provide overall support and training for functional user needs
- Ensure Salesforce production and Sandbox environments are properly updated and maintained.
- Develop additional salesforce.com functionality that enhances performance of business processes including object design, page layouts, workflows, approval processes, user roles and profiles, and Chatter groups.
- Proactively seek out and identify needed system changes, gathering feedback from users, then manage and deploy system changes.
- Communicate system changes to users in advance and works with operational business groups to support training on the changes and how to use new features prior to implementation.
- Manages new releases of salesforce.com and efficiently rolls out new features according to change and release management processes.
- Assist management in defining processes in salesforce.com to help monitor activities, trends, and sales.
- Create and maintain reports and dashboards, while maintaining the data integrity of the site.
- Support the translation of stakeholder requirements into Salesforce solutions, including requirements approval, communication, traceability and reuse
- Contribute to the transfer of functional requirements to development and test teams
- Use Salesforce workflow technology to automate business processes
- Ensure data entry quality meets company standards
- Facilitate annual review of client data accuracy
- Modify data hierarchy annually to match company planning
Cross-department Process Improvements
- Support initiatives to improve process and systems supporting Sales, Marketing, Services, Partners, Customer Success, Licensing, Legal, and Finance. Such support may include but is not limited to coordinating with other departments to integrate and interface systems functionality and data with other internal operational systems
Knowledge & Experience
- The successful applicant will have more than 3 years' experience working in a similar role.
- Experience working in Sales Cloud, Community Cloud, and Salesforce CPQ
- Salesforce Admin Certification (Advanced Admin Certification is a plus!)
- Project management experience
- Demonstrable Salesforce Consulting experience
- Comfortable working with complex data with Analytics stakeholders
- Degree educated (or have equivalent experience or qualifications)