The Business Systems Manager for Salesforce will join a team to manage, support, and continuously improve our Salesforce platforms to meet stakeholder needs. In this highly collaborative role, you will partner with functional leaders and end-users to understand, define and improve our business processes and the systems that support them. You will be responsible for supporting end-users, troubleshooting issues, configuring updates, maintaining reports and integrations, and managing operational activities.
This role is part of the ITS Enterprise Applications Team, which is responsible for maintaining, supporting, and improving the key applications used to run and grow our organization and improve the experience of our staff and AmeriCorps members. This role reports to the Senior Director of Enterprise Applications and will work very closely with the Salesforce Solution Architect.
Our ideal candidate feels passionate about City Year’s mission and is a solution-oriented team player excited about promoting the effective use of Salesforce and empowering staff with efficient business processes and insights.
What You Will Do
The Business Systems Manager, Salesforce will partner with stakeholders to support key business processes and operational data that are critical to our organization. This role will support Salesforce users with questions and issues and will partner with business owners to troubleshoot and resolve problems. This role will proactively prepare for and execute operational activities supported by Salesforce. This role will also support creating and maintaining reports and maintaining existing integrations. Our ideal candidate is a collaborative team player excited about promoting the effective use of Salesforce and empowering staff with the information needed to have a greater impact on the students we serve.
The scope of Salesforce environments for which you will be responsible is 1. our student data system, which manages student performance and intervention data, 2. Our external constituent management system includes donors, alumni & school partners, and the Service Desk, which manages our internal end-user support ticketing system.
- Understand and support users in their use of Salesforce.
- Act as the primary point of contact to monitor, triage & resolve Tier 2 issues along with functional business partners.
- Support users in data entry/data loading.
- Support training Tier 1 support team in resolving Salesforce issues.
- Support users in building custom reports.
- Ability and desire to manipulate and analyze data.
- Maintain schedules and status updates for recurring operational tasks, track project statuses, and assist in evaluating priorities.
- Ensure up-to-date documentation of system functions, operational tasks/processes, and key reports/integrations.
- Support inbound and outbound integrations to ensure data is flowing in and out of City Year systems properly this includes external assessment systems. Work with vendors and internal partners to resolve any issues.
- Collaborate with functional partners to evaluate enhancement feasibility and then make system configuration changes.
- Lead enhancement projects thru requirements gathering, configuration, testing, user acceptance testing, implementation, and partner with business on change management.
Customer Service, Support & Communication Responsibilities
- Field, triage, and resolve end-user issues that come in through the service desk with a customer service mindset and in accordance with service level agreements.
- Proactively monitor services the team delivers to identify potential improvements. Track themes with issues and lead efforts to fix the root causes.
- Tailor wrote and verbal communication with end-users and functional leaders depending on stakeholder technical/system knowledge.
- Comply with and help enforce standard policies and security procedures.
- Effectively varies communication style to meet customers’ needs.
- Nurture relationships with internal partners and users to understand unique technology needs and work habits.
- Serve as the bridge between the functional owners and the technical resources to problem solve and find solutions.
- Collaborate with vendors to ensure systems are maintained, operating, and improved according to business needs.
- Participate in user groups and other forums to learn from peers about solutions as well as representing City Year’s expertise in the use of Salesforce.
Tenant & User Management Responsibilities
- Keep up with regular releases coming for Salesforce/release documentation and assess for impact on City Year.
- Manage bi-annual release including managing user testing.
- Support user management in production & testing instances.
What You Bring
We are looking for people who have diverse backgrounds and experiences, are motivated to change young people’s lives through education, and feel a deep sense of commitment to our organizational values. This position requires a self-motivated, highly organized individual who works well on a team. You will interact effectively with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders and will have a demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and with a collaborative, results-oriented approach. This is both a demanding and exciting position, and you’ll be at home here if you learn from failure and overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, aspire to lead through inclusion, and understand the importance of, and receive great satisfaction from, building and sharing expertise in continuous improvement and strategic planning.
- 2+ years working with the Salesforce platform
- Experience with Salesforce Non-Profit Success Pack, a plus
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge on student assessments including HMH assessments, Math inventory and Reading Inventory and Aperture (DESSA), survey tools including Qualtrics and marketing automation tools including Marketo, a plus
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and the specific requirements for maintaining systems in a regulated environment
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay aware of current trends and technical advancements
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex challenges, analyze potential paths forward and make recommendations on the best course of action
- Flexibility to thrive working both independently and collaboratively
- Proven ability to prioritize, take initiative, and lead multiple projects in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Exceptional follow-through and attention to detail
- Clear and effective communicator, able to communicate with customers and colleagues with credibility and empathy, including in a remote working situation.
- Customer service orientation starts with an empathetic service mindset continually seeking a clear understanding of the customer’s needs and meeting those needs with high-quality solutions that produce strong customer satisfaction
- Commitment to continuous improvement and the mission; the desire to focus talents on helping improve outcomes for others, experience with Agile a plus