Why join us
Brex is reimagining financial systems so every growing company can realize their full potential. As the financial OS, we’re building software and services in one place—disrupting long-entrenched institutions with products and experiences that better serve the ambitions of our customers.
Working at Brex allows you to push your limits, challenge the status quo, and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We’re committed to building a diverse team and inclusive culture and believe your potential should only be limited by how big you can dream. We make this a reality by empowering you with the tools, resources, and support you need to grow your career.
Salesforce Engineering at Brex
The Engineering team includes Data, IT, Security, Software, SaaS, and Paas and is responsible for building innovative products and infrastructure for Brex and our customers. We believe that engineers should accelerate the business through technology, and collaborate across multiple teams to accomplish that. Teams are autonomous, filled with inclusive individuals, eager to learn, teach, constantly improve how things work. The software we build today is the foundation for dozens of Brex systems in the future, so engineers have a strong sense of ownership and accountability and take pride in their craft.
What you’ll do
As a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, implementing, and supporting the Salesforce PaaS/Saas at Brex. You will work closely with functional leaders, organizational units, and subject matter experts to identify, develop, and deploy new business processes including: Sales, Marketing, Customer Experience, Customer Account Management, IT and core business processes. We’re searching for someone with a record of success aligning business processes with Salesforce best practices, translating business requirements into technical specifications, and implementing the solutions.
- Work collaboratively with functional business units and help translate business requirements into logical technical designs; defining technical solutions in Salesforce.com to support business work processes and bring the design to life through declarative or programmatic solutions
- Participate in cross-functional teams that address strategic business issues across departments (Marketing, Sales, Operations, Support, and others as needed) aligning business processes with Salesforce best practices
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests
- Use advanced declarative and programmatic tools to design, build, test, deploy, and support Salesforce solutions
- Coding and development according to current industry standards and best practices
- Manage change management and deployment process for Salesforce code base
- Conduct code reviews for ongoing projects to ensure high code quality and design patterns are followed
- 5+ years of progressive experience in Salesforce development with Salesforce implementations in a complex B2B environment
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with the ability to work with key stakeholders across the organization; manage laterally and upward
- Able to communicate effectively with diverse people and individuals at various levels within the organization
- Familiarity with advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing
- Experience with Salesforce APIs to integrate Salesforce with other tools and third-party applications
- Experience with CI/CD and deployment techniques in Salesforce