Apple is looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to run our global technical transformation, in partnership with global Sales and Business Process Re-engineering teams. This program will catapult our Sales organization into the 21st century. You will work with amazing colleagues who have real passion for our products and our customers; and, through this program, you will be delivering software that enables our Sales teams to bring our world-class products, directly and indirectly, to our customers.
- 7+ years of technical engineering management in global consumer internet or consumer software companies.
- 5+ years providing vision and leadership to the Agile development of solutions to critical business problems through the thoughtful use of modern technology and architecture principles.
- 7+ years implementing global Salesforce solutions for B2B and B2C Sales organizations.
- 5+ years developing Salesforce customizations (e.g. Apex, VF, LWC)
- Strong understanding of when to use configurations versus customizations; and the various limitations of Salesforce (i.e. governor limits)
- Experience and expertise on cloud technologies, open source methodologies, DevOps, modern design and integration patterns.
- Successful experience running at-scale engineering programs, hiring and retaining top talent, building high-performing teams, and coaching and mentoring future leaders.
- Self-motivated and hungry to stay up to date with the latest technology trends, and able to make sound technical decisions.
About the Salesforce Architect Job Description
- As the senior technical engineering leader, you will directly work with Sales, business process leaders and engineering teams to build and deliver new capabilities for our Sales organization.
- With your strong background in Salesforce, you will drive process standardization to fit out-of-box features as much as possible, anticipate customization needs and plan for them, and help the organization as a whole to be more prepared for roadmap and schedule impacts.
- This role requires a combination of strong engineering management, program experience, and the ability to build trust and reciprocal relationships across various teams.
- We are looking for someone who loves digging into details, finding patterns, and driving scalable solutions. Of course, strong fundamentals are expected, but you have more:
- You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship as well as for the end-user of it; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly.
- Integrity is everything to you. You handle risk and manage trade-offs openly and transparently.
- You are a strong team player; you enjoy working collaboratively; you help everyone to win, not just yourself or your team.
- You thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball.
- Building positive relationships comes naturally; you are aware of politics, can meet them and diffuse them, but do not get mired in them.
- You understand the power of a great team culture and you have an entrepreneurial drive that gives you the courage to take creative, yet calculated risks to reach higher rewards for your customers and team.
Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Certified Salesforce Application Architect or System Architect preferred
- Certified Platform Developer II preferred
- Recent end-to-end responsibility for large-scale, global implementations of Salesforce a must.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to exert appropriate influence in highly matrixed organizations.
- The ability to recognize, attract and assist in developing and retaining talent.