Sr. Manager, Revenue Operations
Marc Andreessen, co-founder of the venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz wrote: “software is eating the world.” That statement is just as true today as it was ten years ago. Software is embedded in our day-to-day, and few industries are immune. Peak behind the code and you will find brilliant engineers pushing the boundaries of what is possible.
Talk to any engineering leader and they will tell you that access to talent is their number one barrier to building software and the businesses that will power tomorrow’s economy. Research the industry and you read about the 1 million computer-programming jobs that will go unfilled in 2021.
That is where Andela comes in. We help engineering leaders at companies big and small bridge that gap. We are building tools, systems and processes to connect talent, no matter where they live, with the opportunities to do great things. To date, we have identified 1,000+ software engineers from Africa and other emerging markets and placed them as full-time, embedded members of software development teams at over 200 tech companies. Along the way, we have raised $180M from Al Gore’s venture fund, Generation Partners, Google Ventures, Spark Capital, the Chan-Zuckerberg Initiative, and Serena Ventures.
This is your opportunity to build a world-class Revenue Operations function for a company that has a mission that matters. In your role, you will lead the strategy of the day-to-day operations and processes of Andela’s revenue department, from inception to execution. You will be responsible for delivering executive-level insights to our leadership team and working closely with revenue leaders in New Business, Customer Experience, and Marketing to execute programs - like territory design, compensation strategy, consistent reporting & forecasting- that will affect the bottom line. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who is process-driven, collaborative, and willing to navigate ambiguity to unlock value throughout the revenue cycle.
Initially, you will operate as a “team of one,” reporting directly to the Head of Revenue Operations, with support and partnership from your Salesforce Admin team, Revenue Enablement, and Revenue leaders. The right candidate will be able to influence and drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Legal teams.
- Work with the Head of Revenue Operations to lead and conduct business analysis that will surface insights to revenue leadership and drive strategic initiatives
- Work closely with the Head of Revenue Operations to lead executive-level presentations and strategic initiatives
- Collaborate closely with the Revenue department leads to develop, track, and review KPIs; be a point of reference for Strategy & Ops, Data, and Finance around these KPIs.
- Own measurement of teams and accounts performance against goals and objectives through defining and maintain reporting dashboards in our business intelligence tools
- Constantly mine for best practices to improve the effectiveness of our Revenue teams (Sales & Client Experience)
- Lead initiatives focused on growth, scalability and predictability in collaboration with Sales, Account Management, Customer Success, Finance and Legal leaders
- Become the subject matter expert on rules of engagement, booking policy and sales process
- Use data and analysis to identify trends and pinpoint the drivers or root cause behind them; bring recommended solutions and changes to the table and assist in driving to execution.
In this high visibility role you will support the acceleration of growth in partnership with Sales, Account Management and Customer Success. The right candidate will be able to influence and drive initiatives in collaboration with our Sales, Customer Success, Finance and Legal teams.
- Within your first 30 days, you'll become embedded into the Revenue organization
- Within 60 days, you will have developed consistent reporting cadences for revenue metrics to key stakeholders.
- Within 120 days, you will have given analytical insights to revenue teams that will drive process optimization and revenue cycle improvements, while beginning to own driving recommendations to fruition.
- Domestic travel as it arises on a case by case basis; at minimum 1x per quarter in non-pandemic times.
- Minimum 3-5 years working for a mature sales organization and revenue operations function which was responsible for thirty or more sales representatives
- Entrepreneurial mentality with a track record of producing exceptional work with minimal supervision; can proactively identify revenue organization needs and prioritize them
- Excellent program and project management skills: proven ability to interact with and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience with routine Revenue Operations initiatives such as territory design, compensation strategy,
- Experience in forecasting and analytical trend analysis with proficiency in standard revenue metrics and measurements (targets, sales funnel, win rates, etc.)
- Deployed Salesforce reports and dashboards, experience with other Business Intelligence tools
- Excellent team player with good written communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency with tools such as SFDC, Excel & other data/business intelligence tools; experience with Insight Squared, Looker, and SQL is preferred
- Strong preference for individuals who have experience with Services based businesses
- Comfort with ambiguity